Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Welcoming Our New Contributor

When I started this blog in January, I had an idea of how much content there is to write about and I went into knowing there was a lot of work to do. Turns out I was wrong, there is really a lot of work to do. Luckily I've been helped by a volunteer who has taken on the sometimes fun, often difficult, job of handling restaurants and nightlife for Inlets and Outlets.

My thanks to everyone who has supported this blog, and keep an eye out for some changes, improvements and big news in the coming weeks. I would also like to thank Debbie Miks for offering her time and talent to help spread the word that the Jersey Shore is open for business.

Here's a little bit about our new contributor:
Back in 1923, the house I grew up in was being built by my great grandparents. Their home near Mantoloking on the barrier island had been washed away by a storm and they, being practical people, moved inland to the Adamston section of Brick. Watermen by trade, their living was clamming the bay and ocean fishing. My first summer job was at Point Pleasant boardwalk, in the Holiday Arcade, flipping burgers at Pyott’s Restaurant. I’ve lived in Brick nearly all of my life and can trace our family back to 1804, when the Hulse family “migrated” all the way from Freehold, NJ. It’s been said that we have salt water in our veins and I can’t imagine living anywhere else.
Debbie holds a Masters Degree in Technical and Professional Communications from NJIT and specializes in on-line communications as a Content Strategist and User Experience Designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment